Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Create Your Own Background with Repeated Stamping

It is my second son's birthday tomorrow. To be honest, I have not made him a card for this occasion. It is another difficult task on my part to create a boyish card especially when I have only a stamp set to work with.

I am participating in Altenew's challenge for this month which is to create a card based on this photo.


My only Altenew stamp set is the Hennah Elements. I can't use flowers because my son will not be liking that. I used the border stamp since it is gender neutral. Using a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 white cardstock, I blended several colors of Tim Holtz Ink. I hit this with my heat gun to speed up the drying time. I tested this blended background first by pouring embossing powder to it. No powder got stuck so it should be dry. To this piece, I stamped the border one at a time so I can emboss this in different colors, copper, gold and liquid platinum.


I die cut the sentiment five times and stacked it on top of each other. I applied Wink of Stella to this sentiment before adhering it to the blended-embossed background piece. I applied Glossy Accents to the sentiment. How I wish I have one of those Precision Tip for this job. But anyway, I wiped off any stray Glossy Accents with a dental pick and it dried up just fine.



I trimmed off a fourth on each side. For the note card, I swiped a blue pigment ink on the edges and poured clear embossing powder to create a colored strip on both sides of the main piece. I adhered the main piece with fun foam for dimension. As last step, I adhered some sequins.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Supplies used:
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Barn Door, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade, Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey), Versamark
Stamp: Altenew Hennah Elements
Embossing Powder: Ranger (Copper, Liquid Platinum), American Crafts Zing! Metallic Gold
Metal Die: Simon Says Stamp 

I am submitting this creation to:



No comments:

Post a Comment