Saturday, March 14, 2015

You're The Best Water Colored Card

I created a card for this week's PS challenge blog hoping that this card will finally blow off the non-productive cloud on top of me. I really would like to water color since I find it challenging and relaxing at the same time.

I stamped the unicorn image from the Spectrum stamp set on water color paper using black Stazon ink. That was a challenge in itself since the lines didn't come out crisp. I re-ink the pad but the results still came out the same. Maybe, I should consider trying a black Ranger Archival ink.

I  mixed up black and white to come up the gray shade that I want to color the unicorn with. The water color set that I used is the Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi. I also used the white pearl to color the horn of the unicorn. Once this has dried, I traced the outline using a Copic Multi-liner pen as suggested by my 9 year old son. I also created a mask by stamping the image on a Post-It note. I fuzzy cut this image and adhered it directly on top of the unicorn.


I used the Solid Babe block stamp for the background. The ink is Juniper from Close to My Heart. It is very close to the blue color in the photo inspiration if I compare it with my color swatch. I think I inked it too much so it came out dark. Anyway, after inking the stamp, I spritz it with water to hopefully mute it. It didn't get that effect but I liked the splotch of ink effect it created. There are areas which didn't get inked, mostly closed to the unicorn. I rubbed the ink pad on an acrylic block, spritz it with water, and used my water brush to fill the empty spaces.

I die the piece using a scalloped metal die from American Crafts. The die is bigger than the cut I made. I just had to match the scallops on the die and the cut piece to create this smaller frame. I created a background on the  note card using the shooting star stamp from the Spectrum set. I used a gray ink to create a tone on tone effect. The water colored image was adhered with foam tape. I added some gray star sequins from Studio Calico for added embellishment.

The sentiment is from the Recipe for Success stamp set. I cut the sentiment stamp 'You're Invited' to add the You're to 'The Best' sentiment.



Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

I submitted this to the following challenge blog. Check it out.

 

2 comments:

  1. this is so cute! lovely card! thanks so much for joining us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet and wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete