Friday, March 27, 2015

Splattered Happy Birthday Card

I've been slacking with blogging and joining challenges for the longest time now. I think that is what 2015 brought to me. I have to get rid of the cloud. I've created but just not posting it in my blog. With this card, I wasn't sure if I will make it in time. But the ideas keep flowing so might as well. Plus, I really want to use my Prima Color Blooms again. The colors in the challenge photo is very similar to a card I previously posted in my blog (http://ienjoywhatido.blogspot.com/2014/10/miss-you-copic-colored-flower-card.html). Besides the photo inspiration, I used this card as another inspiration, since I used the Prima Color Blooms I will be using for this card. The Teal color is hard to see in photo since it doesn't stand out against the black. After this background was heat set and allowed to dry, I ran it using a Mama Elephant stitched die. The die cuts a 5 1/2 & 4 1/4 rectangle but I wanted a bit smaller than this size. I offset the die, making sure the faux stitching is lined up, covered the area I wanted cut with the top plate, then ran it through my Big Shot.  

My latest purchase is from Ellen Hutson. I bought the Bold Blooms stamp set. I stamped the flowers on vellum using an orange dye ink. The ink remained wet despite being a dye ink, so I poured clear embossing powder to it, then heat emboss it. I colored the back of the vellum using a bright orange Copic marker. 

The vellum effect seems to be unnoticeable with the messy background. So I layered the vellum on some fun foam for dimension, which I kept white. This is one of those times that I wish I have the coordinating metal die for this set. Oh, well. I sanded the sides of the fun foam and colored it in with the same orange Copic marker. 


I was aiming for the bottom right corner to adhere these flowers but after several tries again, I had to abandon that plan. How about trying the middle...but something is missing. Hmmm...how about some silver thread.

The greeting was stamped using Versamark ink and powdered with a blue Perfect Pearl.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this creation to: 



My NBUS is the Essentials by Ellen Clear Stamps, Bold Blooms by Julie Ebersole.




6 comments:

  1. Love how the flowers look against the woodgrain! Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splatters look so gorgeous on the wood grain texture card! And the orange roses are just stunning against this background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty flowers they just pop on that neat wood-grain background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun you had with your NBUS, Clemente! This is such a dazzling card!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning background! Well worth all that effort! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did those flowers, and the background is great too! Thanks for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete