Thursday, December 25, 2014

Inlaid Die Cutting Manual Stitching Season's Greetings Card

I only own one Avery Elle die, the Custom Elle-ments. With the current challenge, I tried to make the most of this die. The die comes with small shape dies which I thought of putting into use for this card. I first masked a triangle shape for a tree. I die cut the three circle shapes within this triangle. I die cut circles using other patterned papers to fill in these holes. To adhere the circles, I used a double sided adhesive sheet. I stacked some of the circles to create dimension. I filled in the gaps with sequins. It was rather looking plain like that so I use a We R Memory Keepers Stitch Piercer to poke holes and then, thread a silver twine around the triangle.

The sentiment tag was inlaid, too. I die cut the tag on the main patterned paper. I die cut another tag using a different patterned paper. This is where I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed it.

I used Simon Says Stamped Stitched Rectangles Wafer Die to create stitching on both  patterned papers. I inlaid this as well. This die helps you save on paper since it somehow creates a matte effect without having to use a whole piece of paper. Not to forget, by inlaying it, it lessens the bulk created by matting.




Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.




1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Christmas Tree card, love how you made it.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete