Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Metallic Birthday Card

This is my second entry to the Hero Arts Birthday Cards Challenge.

I rubbed the Silver and Gold Shadow Inks on a white card stock. I masked certain areas to create a striped background. I used the Alpha Uppercase metal die to create a negative space on this striped, ink card stock making sure I save every piece. I cut five more pieces for each letter, stacked and glued them on top of each other. I embossed the top most layer with a copper colored embossing powder. This created a chipboard-like embellishment which is very trendy today. I adhered this to the negative space I created at the start, which is another trend today. 

And here is the card I made.


A close-up view of the sentiment.


Thanks for visiting my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Metal Die: Hero Arts Fancy Dies Alpha Uppercase
Inks: Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Gold and Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment