Friday, March 14, 2014

Kids Birthday Card

I made this card for the Hero Arts Birthday Challenge under Kids Birthday Card category. I started making this card last February for my youngest son's second birthday. I didn't like how it was turning out that time so I put the speech bubble aside.  I wanted to make a scene card and challenged myself into using patterned papers for my next card.  And this is what I came up with...

     I made a gatefold card. I had to secure it with a velcro at the back of the speech bubble since it won't stay closed. I stamped the bear six times and paper pieced it. I layered it to create some dimension. I used Copics to color the ears, mouth and feet. I used flock for the nose. I used googly eyes which I think will be an attraction for the kid receiving this card.


Here is the close-up of mama bear and baby bear.


The speech bubble was repeatedly stamped with Happy Birthday in different colors. This is how the card looks like inside...


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamps used: Hero Arts Lil Hoot,  HA All Occasions Messages
Inks used: Hero Arts Shadow Ink Orange Soda, Butter Bar, Neon Green, Navy,  Soft Lilac

1 comment:

  1. Amazing card. The bear image is so cute and I love the stamped speech bubble. The scene you created is gorgeous. Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete