Friday, December 6, 2013

I Love You Card

This is my second project created for the Lawn Fawn 2014 CHA Catalog Challenge.  I thought of making a patterned paper using a sentiment stamp from the Lucky Stars stamp set.  I masked off the rest of the sentiment in the 'I {heart} you to the stars and back.'  Stamped the 'I' and 'you' using Memento Tuxedo Black ink repeatedly. I love the font used on this sentiment!
Then, I masked everything else again except for the heart.  This time, I stamped it using Versamark.  I wasn't decided on whether to apply embossing powder or not. But I decided on leaving it as is. I love the tone on tone effect of the Versamark ink.


The card was cut using the Mini Monograms Cricut cartridge. I chose the big scalloped lay-out, cut it twice in pink card stock.  I cut the white embellishment and heart found on the same page. I ran the heart using an embossing folder.  I distressed the heart with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, painted the bubbles with clear Ink of Stella, and applied Glossy Accents to some of the bubbles.  I tried but I wasn't able to capture in photo the effects it created. I scored the second scalloped die cut at about 1 inch from the top making sure it is aligned with the front card stock. For some reason, they do not match up when you cut it twice. You have to flip the second cut horizontally to match it up. I adhered this to the front part of the card, creating a custom shaped card.


Thanks for visiting my blog.
Maria Giselle B.

No comments:

Post a Comment