Saturday, December 7, 2013

Coffee Bean Christmas Tree

Today is the first time that PS Sparks projects need to be submitted on a Saturday. I am used to having one more day to finish a  project. I didn't think I will be able to create a card for this week's Anything Goes challenge. I have a sketch in hand but when Friday came, chances of making it became bleak. I work the weekends and it just happened that I woke up today feeling ill. So I stayed home tonight. To try and make myself productive, I went ahead and created a card for the challenge. It is not the original lay-out I sketched but I got inspired with the template craze and a black Christmas tree card I saw in the Target ad today.


Do you recognize the Coffee Bean stamp from Cyber Cafe?
First, I cut a Christmas tree using my Cricut. I used the negative space as my template to stamp the wi-fi  signal as the trim, and the coffee beans to create the tree. I used Versamark ink to stamp both, embossed the trim using Wow! Platinum Glitter embossing powder, and embossed the beans with Gold embossing powder. I used the Merry Motifs stamp set for the star. I masked the tree to ink the star only of the Christmas tree stamp.


I created my own oval diffuser using two pieces of thin cardboard so I can emboss around the Christmas tree.


The sponsor of the  challenge.
 \
The challenge for this week.


Thanks for visiting my blog.

Maria Giselle  B.

No comments:

Post a Comment