Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Guest Designer Sasayaki Glitter


There are so many things to be thankful for on my part, one of which is guest designing for Sasayaki Glitter. Me?! Can you believe that? Me, I am still having a hard time believing it.

I chose this image and the date to guest design to coincide with my Inang's birthday. My eldest son, Rudy, helped me choose this image.

I printed the image on Strathmore Bristol paper. I colored the flowers with Tim Holtz Distress Crayons. I would have used the same medium in coloring the boy if I have the neutral colored set of these crayons. Since I don't, I colored the boy image using Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush pens, and Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens.

I die cut the paper using a Pretty Pink Posh Scallop Frames die. I thought the image will have a scalloped edge. I kind of forgot that this die cuts the frame as the positive cut. Instead of wasting all the coloring efforts, I colored the frame in a rainbow order. I am going to inlay the watercolored panel to this frame.

For the card base, I utilized some of my washi tape stash. I adhered washi tapes to the edges of the card front. I adhered the panel and the frame to this.


I embellished the flowers by adhering a variety of sequins to the flowers. I also poured some seed beads to the flower centers where I had some Ranger Multi Matte squirted to.



For the sentiment, I die cut a blue vellum using an old Hero Arts alphabet die & a Simon Says Stamp sentiment die. I adhered the vellum to a double sided tape before die cutting it.


Thank you Sasayaki Glitter for featuring me, my work and my blog. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, INANG!

Maria Giselle


No comments:

Post a Comment