What caught my eye in this photo is the chevron pattern of the table. This inspired me to create my own chevron pattern. After all, it has been a while when this pattern was a hit in the crafting world. So, I gathered half an inch strips of paper from my stash. I adhered this to a 5 1/2 x 2 inch scrap sheet of paper as support. Aside from the grid, my cutting mat has diagonal lines which I used as a guide to adhere this strips. I cut the excess strips hanging off the side of the support paper. I used a die to cut and create a stitched impression on the sides making it into a 5 x 2 inch paper. One of the patterned paper strips came with its own greeting 'my father.' I covered the 'my' with stickers to make it to 'our.' I had to trim these stickers to fit the space. I stamped 'to' on the top of this sentiment.
The only embellishment I have that I can come up with is the coffee cup. I stamped this using three different shades of brown to create an ombre patterned cup. I stamped with the lightest shade first. With the middle shade, I wiped off a part of the top of the cup to retain the light shade color. And with the darkest, I just partly inked the bottom and the handle of the cup. I used my stamp positioner for this multi-stamping technique. I fuzzy cut this image. I embossed it with WOW! Ultra High clear powder. I was going for a glazed effect so I embossed the cup twice. You have to make sure your Versamark is juicy before attempting to pour this Ultra High powder to your image. I had to re-ink my Versamark pad so the powder would stick to the image. I also did the same technique with the saucer.
I was going to use a critter to pop out of the cup but I don't have the right sized critter. Since this is a masculine card, I went for the shooting stars. I used mirror stamping using acetate as Jennifer McGuire did in her video (http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2015/05/video-mirror-stamping-giveaway.html). It reminds me of rub-ons when I did technique. I stamped the stars in vellum. I colored the stars with a glittered yellow marker.
The panels were adhered in kraft cardstock. I adhered the cup with dimensional tape. I adhered the saucer straight on the panel. As for the vellum stars, I put a dot of glue on areas that will be covered by the embossing.
Thanks for viewing my blog.
Maria Giselle B.
Stamps: Paper Smooches Cyber Cafe, Merry Motifs, Spectrum
Die: Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Wafer Dies
Powder: WOW! Clear Gloss Ultra High Embossing Powder, WOW! Blue Topaz Regular Transluscent Embossing Powder, Ranger Liquid Platinum
I am submitting this creation to: