Sunday, December 19, 2021

Die Cuts As Background

  

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. I had so much fun creating the card on my previous blog post that I decided to make another card using die cuts for the background. This card was also inspired by the latest Lawnfawnatics challenge which is a sketch challenge.

I started off by die cutting the wreath from the Lawn Fawn Mini Wreath die set on three shades of green cardstock so I can layer it. While my die cutting machine is out, I also die cut the bows on red cardstock.

I layered each shade of the wreath die cut on top of each other. I flipped the middle layer, with the back side up so the leaves will be pointing the other direction. This side of the die cut is not smooth since my bottom cutting plate is all warped up. But it's alright. This gets hidden underneath the next wreath layer. 
 
I worked on the bows next. I used my tweezer to pinch the center of the bow for better adhesion while the glue is drying. After I assembled the bows, I added some sparkle to it with a shimmer pen. I adhered this to the wreath. I also added some Trinity Stamps gold baubles to the wreath.

For the card panel, I die cut a white cardstock with the LF Lattice Backdrop die. I die cut this twice. I adhered this on top of the other. I adhered this to a cream cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

For the sentiment, I heat embossed this on vellum using Wow! Gold embossing powder. The stamp is from the LF Christmas Offset Sayings Stamp set. I created this into a strip and created fishtail tips on each end of the sentiment strip. 


Assembling the card, I adhered the wreaths to the panel. I trimmed off the excess hanging over the side. I adhered the sentiment strip, adding some clear dimensional tape towards to ends of the banner.

Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!
Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at









2 comments:

  1. oh wow!! this is so pretty!! LOVE the pops of gold on those wreaths!! love the wreaths all over the card! sooo pretty! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!

    ReplyDelete