Thursday, September 19, 2019

Get Well Soon Card Using the Negative Cricut Cut


Hello! I created this card for my son's friend who has an injury right now. I would have tried to customize the card some more but I think I already did my share of drawing in this card that I am afraid to ruin it if I try drawing some more.

I am using the Pretty Pink Posh Friends Forever stamp set. This stamp set came with a heart balloon stamp but I wanted to stamp a sentiment inside the balloon. The balloon was too small to fit the sentiment which is from the PPP Thoughtful Greetings stamp set. I measured the size of the sentiment. Using Cricut Design Space, I chose a heart image to cut. I resized the heart slightly larger than the size of the sentiment. Using a scrap piece of cardstock, I die cut the heart into this. I set the positive heart die cut aside. I positioned the panel with the negative heart cut onto a Neenah Solar White cardstock. I secured the edges with washi tape so it will not shift while I blended ink on the open heart area. I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick, blending it in with a Picket Fence Life Changing Brush. Once I was happy with the blending, I traced the heart with a black marker, using the stencil as a guide in drawing.

I stamped the images using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I drew in the rest of the balloon piece and the string. I know this is a simple drawing but I can mess up even the simplest things. I am just not an illustrator.

I colored the images with Copic markers. I stamped the sentiment on the balloon using Versamark ink. I poured Wow! Metallic Gold Rich Pale embossing powder then heat set it.

I die cut the colored panel with Mama Elephant Peek A Frame Creative Cuts. I die cut a Stampin' Up Pink cardstock using a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles Wafer die. I adhered the colored panel on the pink cardstock.

Thank you visiting my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

1 comment:

  1. Such an adorably sweet card. I hope your friend has a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete