Friday, February 13, 2015

Lollipop Valentine's Shaker Treat

I've been slow in creating projects since the turn of the year. One of the reasons, I think, is because my toddler is so active that each time I go to my craft room, he likes to play, too.

This is my most recent project and I am glad I finished it on time for my son's Valentine's party. My third son, who is in 3rd Grade, chose lollipop for treats. Unfortunately, they don't want to give the same thing this year. The first choice was Dumdums but my toddler was with me during grocery time, so he chose Jolly Ranchers (over Ring Pops) for his older brother.

Since shaker cards are very popular these days, I decided to add it to the design of the lollipop treats. I created these shakers in a reverse way. After adhering the acetate, I surrounded the heart with foam adhesive on the back side, poured in the confetti, and lightly adhered the stamped sentiment background to close the shaker card. I lifted the piece to take a peek if the sentiment is peeking right where I want it before applying more pressure to the backside. Sometimes, I have a confetti stuck to the dimensional foam that I have to carefully undo it.




The shakers are die cuts from scrap patterned papers. Another way of using scraps! I just needed a single layer of dimensional adhesive to shake it. Sometimes, the shaker gets caught somewhere, but I think it adds interest to the design.

Thanks for viewing my blog. Happy Valentine's!

Maria Giselle B.

Dies: American Crafts Daydreamer, Mama Elephant Confetti

No comments:

Post a Comment