Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thanks

I am submitting this card to this week's PS COOL SHADES challenge.



I used the Hip to be Square background stamp. Double stamped it with the colors above as inspiration, stamping it in green then blue on green card stock. Then stamping it in orange then red on orange card stock. Both were stamped on 5 1/2 x 4 card stock. I got this idea from Jennifer Mcguire's card video on double stamped cards. Here's the link... http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2013/11/video-double-stamping-exclusive-discount-code.html.




I cut the stamped card stocks diagonally, saving the scraps for a later card.

For the sentiment,  I used my new Chit Chat stamp set. I love this Thanks sentiment. I used Memento Tuxedo black to stamp this on cream card stock. This is my card base. I lightly lined the sentiment with a pencil,  dividing the sentiment into 4 parts to color it based on this week's color inspiration. I based the order of the color from the rainbow (red-orange-green-blue.) I used Copic markers and blended the colors where they meet.


I brushed the sentiment w/ Wink of Stella then applied glossy accent. I cut a 1/8 strip of white card stock and rubbed my red & blue ink pads on it to create a custom made card stock that matches my red & blue inked images. 

After working on the sentiment, I popped up the orange & green card stocks to frame my sentiment. 


Thanks for visiting my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabbbbbbby card-- I love that Hip to be Square stamp! I must get that ASAP! LOVE your use of these colors:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you play along this week for the Picture Perfect challenge:)

    ps... congrats on your win <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and posting a comment on my blog, Savannah (finally!) Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family.

      Delete