Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Oxide Background & a Surprise Pull Tab Greeting Card

 


Hello. I can't resist joining in Paper Smooches May Challenge on Flowers. I also created this card and hopefully finish it in time to make it to their June Guest Designer Search deadline. Plus, I need a card for my 2nd son's upcoming birthday on Saturday. A lot of reasons to motivate me to create this card, right?

I am still head over heels with using the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide. I smooshed the TH Fossilized Amber to the Craft mat and spritz the area with water. I smooshed a TH Watercolor paper to the area to pick up the color. I dried the paper with a heat gun. I then applied TH Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide to PS Hip to be Square background stamp, which by the way, is already retired. I spritz water to this, and placed the watercolor paper on top of it. I rub my palm over the paper to make sure the image is transferred to the paper.


I used a lot of Paper Smooches Products for this creation, aside from the Hip to be Square background stamp. I used Comforting Hugs stamp set for the critter (Isn't it adorable?) I used Pocket dies for the the cover of the surprise critter and also, for the flowers and leaves underneath the vellum pocket die cut. I heat embossed a zigzag image from Cyber Cafe stamp set to the vellum pocket to create an outline. The sentiment is from Denim & Daisies stamp set. For the pull-out tab, I used Toppers die for the accent.

This is a multi-step instruction card which I was planning to describe the steps here. But due to constraint in time, I was not able to describe the instructions here. I can answer any questions you may have on how I created the elements for this card.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation with



1 comment:

  1. OH MY! I absolutely love that surprise in the pocket! SOOOOOOOOO fun! I love your card design- clever and fabulous! THANKS for joining in the fun with our May challenge <3

    ReplyDelete