Friday, June 12, 2015

Patterned Paper Inspired Card

After I saw this patterned paper on a CHA video, I knew I will be creating something inspired by it.

Green Tea
Shimelle True Stories
America Crafts

I tried using the mirror stamping technique but I couldn't get a good impression stamping it on watercolor paper. I stamped the cup on the back of a larger clear stamp, on an acrylic block, and on a clear plastic. I practiced on regular paper first, and I got good impressions of the mirrored cup. But when I tried it on watercolor paper, it barely leaves an impression. I think it could be the texture of the watercolor paper that does not allow a good impression. I also used a light colored ink to stamp the cups. Maybe it will be different if it is a dark colored ink. What do you think?


The cups are stamped using a light colored ink. I watercolored the cups. I outlined the stem of the cup using a dark colored marker. I stamped the saucer and dots. I stamped the coffee bean twice to create a heart. I added more details by adding glaze dots on the stamped dots. Using a white gel pen, I drew lines and a dot on the hearts. 


I directly stamped the sentiment to the background paper. I applied clear embossing powder then heat set it. I created an embossed paper before I die cut the word always to add to the embellishment.


I applied Wink of Stella and added a dot of Glossy Accents to the hearts.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Supplies used:
Stamp: Paper Smooches Cyber Cafe, Sentiment Sampler, Spectrum
Die: Paper Smooches Always & Forever

I am submitting this creation to the following challenges:

This card made it to the Featured Players! Check it out!





2 comments:

  1. I simply adore your card, you've made that PS cup stamp look quite vintage and I love how you've decorated and coloured them too :)
    Thanks for playing along at PS Sparks this week :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, beautiful colouring and fantastic use of your stamps to recreate such an inspiring paper

    ReplyDelete