Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Miss You Watercolor Card

I was asked to make a card for a friend of mine at work. She wanted a flower on the card with a 'missing you' sentiment. I am still in this artist's block mode, and I am not enjoying it. My product orders arrived already and I haven't played with it yet. I didn't really have a plan or a sketch for this card. All I have in mind is to make a card for my friend and at the same time, try to join a blog's challenge.

I finally broke in my Kuretake Gansai Watercolor paint (one out of many products that arrived) which I used for the background of the card.



As I set the background to dry, I worked on the tags. I used Close To My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge. I cut 3 tags, a patterned paper, a vellum, and a watercolor paper. I stamped the peony on the watercolor paper. I will need practice with this stamp. I saw how this was beautifully used in WPlus9's blog that's why I got encouraged to buy it. This is my second attempt on this flower. I wanted to stamp the solid image with light ink and watercolor it but it didn't look good to me. This is the outline stamp which for now, I am more comfortable painting. I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers to color the flower. I also colored the stem and leaf with Distress Markers for stamping. Then I went back with my wet paintbrush to soften the image.  I inked the edges of this tag to make the flower pop out.  I stamped the sentiment on the vellum and heat embossed it with white powder.



I spritz some gray spray mist on my pink background paper and also created some splatters. After it has dried, I adhered the tags to the background piece using foam adhesive.

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Paper: Ranger Watercolor Paper, American Crafts Patterned Paper, Vellum, Bazzill Cardstock
Stamp: WPlus9 Pretty Peonies, Hampton Arts
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Versamark
Spray: Prima Color Bloom

This creation is submitted to:
Inspiration Tag
http://tagyoureitchallenge.blogspot.ie



5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful and your friend is going to love this and all the work you put into it. Love it!Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It ! Beautiful work Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft & pretty! Wonderful take on Gayatri's card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! Love the soft watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so pretty! I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete