Friday, April 25, 2014

Hand-Stitching and Water Coloring



I made this flower card to submit to Trendy Twine's April Challenge: Spring Has Sprung. I used watercolor paper and poked holes using a flower stencil. Using the new Tim Holtz Circle Ink Daubers, I inked the poked areas with the colors I chose for my flowers. I inked the surrounding area. I spritz it with water, then dried it with a heat gun. I stitched the flowers using the corresponding color. I used Tim Holtz Distress markers to add more details to the flower and an ink blending brush to lighten the color. Sequins served as the center of the flower. And this finishes the background of my card. 


I stamped the sentiment on vellum. This is a tall card at 3.5 x 8.5.

A close-up of the stitched flowers.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Ink: Tim Holtz Wild Honey, Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint, Victorian Velvet, Pumice Stone, Tea Dye
Stamp: Hero Arts Truly Appreciated
Tim Holtz Distress Marker: Spiced Marmalade, Dusty Concord, Worn Lipstick
Thread: DMC
Sequin: Doodlebug

7 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This is stunning!! Look at all of the details. Love your flowers; they are beautiful.

    I'm so glad you joined our Trendy Twine challenge this month. Thanks so much :)

    Lesley
    Annie's Paper Boutique & Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Maria!!! I love the watercolor look with those beautiful stitched flowers!!
    AWESOME job!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with our Trendy Twine monthly challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, the flowers are stunning and I just love what you did with the water colors! Thanks for joining our challenge over at Trendy Twine this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is GORGEOUS! I just LOVE the stitching!

    Thanks for joining us at Trendy Twine! Hope to see ya at the next challenge :)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool looking card! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Trendy Twine Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creative & BEAUTIFUL!!
    Thank you so much for joining us this month over at the Trendy Twine challenge.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome project!!! I love the pretty colors and the twine that makes it pop!! Great job! Thanks for joining this month's Trendy Twine challenge!!

    ReplyDelete