Hello. I created this card to participate in Altenew's July 2018 Inspiration Challenge. One of the things that motivate me in cardmaking is to work for the products that I like and want. I do that by joining blog challenges.
I am giving layered stamps another try. I am using the Altenew Vintage Roses stamp set. I wanted to create a background using this beautiful flower stamp set. To help me out, I Google'd blue gray rose background and chose from the images which one I feel is close enough to the design I want to create.
Here is where the struggle starts. I stamped the Vintage Roses on gray cardstock using various inks from what I have on hand. I always have difficulty lining this layered stamps. I know you come up with an artsy look if the layered stamps are not lined up. The problem is I have OCD, and I don't want to go for the artsy look. Let me tell you, after stamping a lot of these layered Vintage Roses, I gave up on the project. I even thought about giving this stamp set and coordinating die away. But knowing myself, I also don't give up easily. Maybe I just need to walk away for a minute and think of how I can make it right. So, I changed my ink color choices and just stuck to one rose. I stamped this rose multiple times using the Misti Stamping Tool. After all, I am a not really good layering stamp stamper, might as well make multiples while I am at it.. I also stamped the stemmed leaves but I only used the base and one layer to make the stamping quick and simple since I am running out of time before the challenge ends.
I die cut the roses and the stemmed leaves using the coordinating die. I positioned the roses and the leaves on a 4 1/4"x5 1/2" dark gray cardstock. When I was happy with the placement of the roses and the leaves, I used a Glad Press N' Seal to pick up the flowers and leaves off the cardstock to keep the placement intact in the lay-out.
Using a Simon Says Stamp Tiny Dots stencil, I pounced a mini dauber to apply Avery Elle Silver Fox pigment ink to the tiny dot openings on the dark grey cardstock. Once I was done with the whole panel, I set this aside to dry.
Going back to the roses and leaves, I applied glue on the back of the stemmed leaves and foam tape to the exposed back of the roses. I lifted this up carefully and placed it on top of the dotted grey cardstock. I lifted off the Press N' Seal gently. Some of the leaves fell off with the transfer. I just tucked it back in place and put more adhesive. I added more foam tape to the back of the roses to keep the dimensions even on all of the flowers.
For the sentiment, I used the Altenew Super Script stamp set. I heat embossed this sentiment three times to make it more raised. I used a Misti Stamping Tool for precise stamping. The first two times I heat embossed the sentiment, I used Hero Arts Silver Embossing Powder. The third and last time, I used Wow! Primary Blue Topaz embossing powder just to add a little blue tint to the silver color. I fussy the sentiment leaving a small border around it. I used a craft knife to cut inside the loops of some of the letters. I adhered this on a vellum and fussy cut around the sentiment leaving a border around it also.
For the secondary sentiment, I am using the Label Love stamp set. I heat embossed this on vellum using Hero Arts Silver embossing powder. I uses a Ranger Guillotine paper trimmer to cut straight the embossed sentiment. To make the sentiment pop since it tends to get lost on the embossing, I traced the letters with a small tipped white marker.
I adhered the sentiments on the center of the flowered background using foam adhesives. I trimmed a bit off the edges and adhered this to a 4 1/2"x5 1/2" vellum. To finish off the card, I adhered this to a white top folding A2-sized notecard.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!
I am sharing this creation at