Saturday, June 23, 2018

Summer Luggage Inspired Card


Summer for me is going out of town on a vacation with my family. This year we took our last vacation at Panama City Beach, Florida. I say last because I do not foresee our family going there again unlike the past 10 or so years when we visit this place almost every year. We will surely miss the place but there are other places to explore.

Taking off from this note, I created a card using an old Hero Arts stamp, Getaway Travel CL302. I used a Misti stamping positioner to stamp the luggage stamp several times. I masked the sentiment on the center of the luggage stamp. I initially stamped the luggage on brown cardstock using a similar brown dye ink. I treated the sentiment area with a powder tool. I inked the sentiment with Versamark ink. I poured white Hero Arts embossing powder to it. Before heat setting it, I brushed off any stray powders before heat setting it. I inked the blocked sentiment with Versamark ink and stamped this part of the sentiment on a blue cardstock. I poured white embossing powder to it and heat embossed it. I fuzzy cut this blocked sentiment and adhered it to the luggage, covering that part of the sentiment. I fussy cut the luggage. I inked the luggage handle with Versamark pen, poured copper Ranger embossing powder to it and heat embossed it. I also used this pen to color the corners of the luggage for some shading.

For the background, I created a mask for a ground for the luggage. I inked the sky with Tim Holtz Distress inks in Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon on a Strathmore Bristol paper. For the ground, I used Tim Holtz Distress inks in Scattered Straw and Brushed Corduroy. I created rays coming from the center where the luggage will be adhered by inking a sponge dauber with white Hero Arts dye ink. I also sponged the center of the panel to create a halo around the luggage. I also sponged Delicata White Shimmer pigment ink in between the white dye ink rays. I also added dots using Hero Arts Unicorn White pigment ink. I set this aside to dry.

I cut this panel to 5 ¼” x 4”. I adhered the luggage using foam adhesive. I die cut a hello sentiment using Hero Arts Hello stamp and cut set. I die cut it twice, one on vellum and one on gold vellum paper. I adhered the gold die cut on top of the clear vellum, off-setting the gold for a shadow effect. I adhered this to the top portion of the luggage.

I embossed an Ellen Hutson Stitching Lines die on the front of a top folding 5 ½” x 4 ¼" note card. I adhered the inked panel to this. I punched the corners using a 1/8” We R Memory Keeper Corner Chomper.


I like the sentiment on this luggage stamp set. My 3rd son suggested that the card will be so cool if there is an airline ticket inside for the recipient of the card…for me or coming from me? Well, what is your 'Trip of a Lifetime'? I am sure there is a place or places to visit in your bucket list.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and creative day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at


3 comments:

  1. Fun card! Love the stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Karen Bull, a design team member with A Blog Named Hero. Fantastic card - I am packing my bags! Thank you for playing along with our challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and I love the ink blending background! Perfect for summer and the luggage is so fun. Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete