Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Color Challenge Inspired Birthday Card

 

My youngest son is invited to a birthday party. Based on his friend's invitation, I think the birthday party has a unicorn theme. I love unicorns! As most of my cards, I create them to tie with a certain blog challenge. This is no different since Paper Smooches is having a Color Challenge this June. 

The unicorn is from the Paper Smooches Spectrum stamp set. I stamped it on Neenah White Cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the image with Copic markers. 

I die cut the rainbow using different hues of blue from my cardstock stash. The die I used is the PS Rainbow die. This rainbow die cuts each layer of the rainbow. I needed a solid rainbow layer to attach each layer to. I traced the rainbow from the negative die cut onto some scrap cardstock. I adhered a double adhesive tape to one side so when I cut the rainbow, one of its sides has an adhesive back to which I will adhere the rainbow layers. You can also use liquid adhesive for this step which would give some wiggle time to adjust the layers compared to the double stick tape. 

I pounced a Versamark ink pad to the rainbow and poured Judikins Iridescent embossing powder. I heat set it and look at the shine and sparkle. Very pretty!

I die cut a gray toned pattern paper using Lawn Fawn Stitched Square die. The panel turned out to be 4" x 4". I die the cut the clouds from pearlized cardstock using a Taylored Expression Rolling Clouds die. I adhered this to the patterned paper panel then tucked the rainbow behind the clouds. 


I stamped the sentiment on a Lawn Fawn Fancy Folded Banner die using Versamark ink. The sentiment is from PS Sentiment Sampler stamp set. I heat embossed this using Altenew Golden Peach Crisp embossing powder. I adhered this to the top of the panel using foam adhesive to raise the center of the banner. I adhered the unicorn to the center using double layered foam adhesive. The Color Challenge has a yellow. I colored a part of the unicorn's hair with yellow for highlights which got lost in the blending. I adhered some yellow sequins and star sequins from Studio Calico to add yellow.

I adhered this to a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" top folding noted card.


My son wanted to take part in creating this card for his friend but his color choices were not a part of the Color Challenge. To make his design and coloring a part of this handmade card, I allowed him to design the inside of the card. He colored the images with Copic markers and Spectrum Noir Shimmer pen. He also chose the additional elements to complete the inside of the card. Good job in coloring and stamp choices, Ryan!

Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed, brilliant and blessed day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at






No comments:

Post a Comment