Thursday, April 26, 2018
Watercoloring using Distress Crayons
Have you seen the Newton's Nook new release? After seeing the release, I got so inspired to create this card for their Inky Paws Challenge.
I stamped the image from Newton's Book Club on Strathmore Bristol paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I created a scene by extending the bookshelf to fill one of the boxes in the sketch. I partly inked the right side of the stamp, wiping off the ink that touched the cat, and stamped this on the same paper. I used a Pilot Envelope Address Writing Gel Pen to write any lines that did not got stamped too well, and also to extend the lines of the book and the shelf.
I am using the Tim Holtz Distress Crayons today. I had this stashed for a while. It is about time to have fun with these coloring medium. I used a water brush to pick the color from the tip of the crayon. I did a wet to dry technique of watercoloring with these crayons.
The sentiment is from Newton Nook's A Cozy Day In stamp set. I stamped this on the same paper and using the same ink. I smooshed this on some TH Distress Ink Antique Linen spritzed with water, then re-smooshed it on TH Distress Oxide Vintage Photo. I wished I have an Antique Linen DO but since I don't, I used my DI. I was going for a bolder color that's why I used Vintage Photo.
To create the window panel, I cut it first on a spare cardstock. This allows me to see any errors in the lay-out of the window cuts. I then tape this to the actual paper I'll be using for the card. This served as a guide in cutting the windows with the aid of a ruler and a cutter. The patterned paper I am using is from Doodlebug. After all the windows were cut, I lined the edges of the windows with a black marker to hide the white core of the patterned paper. I trimmed a thin strip of gold cardstock. I embossed this with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Border die. I adhered this to the window panel, on the bottom edge.
I adhered foam adhesive to the back of the window panel. I trimmed the stamped images to the foam adhesive, making sure that it is centered through the window opening. I adhered this to another patterned paper from Doodlebug measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I inked the edges of this paper with gold Umbrella dye ink.
I applied Spectrum Noir to the sentiment window for some shimmer. I adhered this panel to a top folding A2 sized note card.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Wishing you all a blessed, brilliant and creative day!
Maria Giselle B.
I am sharing this creation at