Monday, April 2, 2018

See Through Die Cut Card Panel


This is my second creation for the new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs Nature And Its Beauty Challenge. I rarely do a second project but I cannot resist coloring this fairy image from one of our sponsors, Sasayaki Glitter.

I printed the image on Canson watercolor paper. I was going to use watercolor pencils since it is out at my table after using it on my other project for this challenge but I have no light blue watercolor pencil so I switched to Akashiya Sai watercolor brush pens and an orange Zig Clean Color Real Brush marker.

I added details to the watercolored image using various pens from a black ink to various Sakura pens. I brushed the flowers with clear Spectrum Noir Shimmer pen. I die cut the image using a Mama Elephant stitched die from the Peek-A-Frame die set. I die cut three more pieces of white cardstock using this die.

I had to draw in an extension of the leaf stem using my black pen. I did not realize that I was using a gel pen. The watercolor is still wet so the ink kind of bled. Well, lesson learned. The sentiment is from Mama Elephant In My Heart stamp set. I stamped it with a Stargazer ME pigment ink. I had to do partial stamping to create a three-lined sentiment since the stamp sentiment is in one line. I poured a Primary Blue Topaz Wow! embossing powder to this, then heat set it.

My note card is from die cut panels using Li'l Inker Designs Geometric Snow Cover-Up die. I got this idea from a video by Jennifer McGuire on See-Through Die Cut Cards. It is a challenge to create the intricately cut panels into a notecard especially with the one I used on this card where there is a very little border to score and connect the top borders. Also, keep in mind to use a heavy cardstock if you plan to make the die cut panel into a card. Might require several passes through the manual die cut machine, some manual popping out of the cuts, and cleaning of the metal die but the result is truly worth it.


I adhered the watercolored panel to the front using a T-square ruler. Then, lined and adhered another white panel to the back of this. I lined the next stitched card to this one, making sure the wrong side is up, applied adhesive to this, then closed the card to it to adhere this to the inner panel of the card. This is where the sentiment can be written. The last panel is adhered to back where I stamped my blog's name. Do watch Jennifer's video using the link since she has more detailed steps on how to do create this type of card.

I hope I inspired you to join our challenge. If you have not checked out my other card, please do. It is my post before this one.

Have a blessed and brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.



I am sharing this creation at




No comments:

Post a Comment