It is time for a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge Blog. For the next two weeks, the challenge is on No More Than 3 Colours (Excluding Black and White). I hope you join us in this challenge. Don’t forget to specify the three colors you used on your submitted creation.
This unicorn image and matching sentiment is from Bugaboo. It is very challenging to color a unicorn with only three colors. Thanks to Google, I was able to come up with an idea on how to color this unicorn. My colors are blue, pink and orange. I used Tim Holtz Distress markers, an orange Wink of Stella and a blue Spectrum Noir Shimmer marker to color the unicorn. I used three colors but in varying hues so I hope it still counts.
I printed the images using a toner inked printer. I used the Minc machine to foil the sentiment. The teal foil is from Deco Foil. I sprayed this sentiment panel with a pink Prima Color Bloom spray.
To create the lay-out, I wanted to create a stitched window for the shaker window. The Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die doesn’t have the right size of rectangle that I need to create the window. So I partially die cut the second to the largest stitched rectangle die. I think that among all the dies I own, this SSS Stitched Rectangle die is my most used die. Partial die cutting extends the use of this die so I am not limited to just what the exact size of this die is. I also used this die to emboss the stitched on the foiled sentiment panel. I used the scrap of cardstock from the window cut to mat the foiled sentiment panel. I have to die cut one of the edges off to have the same size of border around the foiled sentiment panel. Since this is the same cardstock as the window cardstock panel, I colored the edges with the blue Spectrum Noir Shimmer marker. I wiped it off with a rag since the cardstock is shimmery, I expect a long drying time for the ink or it might not dry at all. Wiping the ink off actually muted the blue color which I actually like.
To create the shaker, I adhered an acetate to the back of the window panel. I applied dimensional tape around the window and the back of this panel. I poured orange Studio Calico & Martha Stewart sequins on the unicorn panel, then adhered the foam window panel to it, centering the unicorn on the acetate window. I don’t know about you but for me this is the cleanest way of doing shakers. Before, I would pour the shaker elements to the acetate, then adhere the panel to this. Most of the time, I end up with a mess. Either I adhered it wrong or the sequins get stuck to the sticky part of the foam adhesive.
Moving along, I adhered this to a top folding A2 sized horizontal note card. I then adhered the foil sentiment to the right of the window. And, this finishes of my card. Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a blessed and brilliant day!
Maria Giselle B.
I am sharing this creation at