Saturday, December 30, 2017
Shimmer Star Masculine Birthday Card
My Amang (father) celebrated his birthday this month. This card is created especially for him.
I am using the Altenew Halftone Star stamp set as the focal image of this card. I had this stamp on my wish list for a while. I finally gave in to buying it. I had difficulty working with this star stamp. I was trying to go for an ombre effect with embossing. I used the Misti Stamping Tool to help with the repeated stamping, using different colored inks but the final image does not look the way I imagined it. I didn't want to give up since this stamp set did cost me some.
On my next experimentation with this stamp set, I did the ombre stamping first. I allowed this to dry before I inked the star with Versamark ink, then poured some Judikins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder over the image, then heat set it. I die cut the embossed star using the coordinating die.
For the front panel background, I embossed the Ellen Hutson Stitching Lines on a gold cardstock. I positioned the metal die diagonally. You might have to make adjustments on how to run the metal die with the cardstock on your die cut machine. I sprayed this gold embossed panel with Prima Color Blooms Gold Foil Mist. I set this aside to dry.
To create the frame, I used the Simon Says Stamp This Is The Life Craft Die. I die cut the frame on white cardstock. I applied Versamark ink using a Versamark pen. I poured Ranger Copper embossing powder and heat set the frame.
I stamped the sentiment on vellum and embossed this with Ranger Copper embossing powder. I scored the sentiment strip to create a 3D label. I also fish tail cut the edges.
To put the card together, I die cut a fun foam with the next smaller sized star. I adhered this to the back of the embossed star die cut. I adhered the frame more to the left, then centered the star onto this. I added a rolled gold floss before adhering the star. I adhered the vellum label on top of the star, applying dots of glue to the back of the embossed letters. I also used a vellum glue tape runner for the edges.
Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed and brilliant day!