Monday, November 6, 2017

Digital Image Christmas Ornament



Hello! We have a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge Blog. The challenge is entitled "Not A Card." The challenge title speaks for itself. Create anything as long as it is not a card. I am using a digital image from our challenge sponsor, Rick St. Dennis. I printed the image on Neenah Solar White cardstock. I also printed it as a mirror image.  I colored the image using Copic markers. I adhered the images back to back with the use of a light tracer light box to get a perfect alignment of the image. I suggest to use a temporary adhesive on the top portion of the angel. This will allow you to add the thread loop after fuzzy cutting the images. Then, that's the time you can add a stronger adhesive to seal the mirrored images, sandwiching the thread loop. Ask me how I know? =)

I fuzzy cut the image. I added a metallic thread in between the mirrored images using a strong adhesive. I painted a light blue Stickles to the angel's dress. I drew in the piping of the angel's gown with a black glitter gel pen. I colored the stars in the angel's dress with a yellow Spica glitter pen. I applied clear Wink of Stella to the angel's wings. And, I heat embossed Wow! White Puff Powder to the clouds. I used a glue pen to make the powder adhere before heat setting it. I applied clear Nuvo Crystal Drops on the angel's halo, and allowed this to dry.


I plan to create a batch of these handmade ornament to be given to my son's class for Christmas. I have a long time to work on that, right?

I hope I gave you some inspiration that images can also be used beyond cards. Please join us in this challenge. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Have a blessed and brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.




I am sharing this creation at 





2 comments:

  1. thanks for entering the Sparkle and glitter challenge, love your ornament , very cute

    MOnique RSD EDT

    ReplyDelete