Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Scene Card Using Lawn Fawn with Mirror Stamping Technique


It is my Inang's birthday today. Another reason to create something on this special day. My Inang has a lot of cats. I would love to include all of her cats in the scene. I only have 4 cats to represent each of her 4 grandsons. I know, odd is always eye attractive but what can I do? I got four boys. I have to pass on that rule with this card.

I started of by creating a background for the scene. I adore the Lawn Fawn Stitched Cloud Backdrop Portrait die. I don't have this die so I mimic it by stamping clouds from the LF Into The Woods stamp set into an aqua cardstock sized at 4 1/4"x 5 1/2". I am going to heat emboss the clouds so before I stamped, I rubbed a dust buddy on the stamping area. I stamped the two clouds using Versamark ink. I poured Wow! White Pearl embossing powder after each time I stamped the two clouds. Sounds like hard work, right? But if you get to the rhythm of doing it (stamp-pour powder-return excess powder to the canister-stamp-powder-return...), before you know it, the card panel is already done. I heat set this, and I could have stopped here but I wanted to make the clouds pop out. So what I did, is I dry embossed the clouds by using the matching die and a brown silicone rubber mat, together with the Sizzix machine. The look is actually cool.


The mailbox is from the LF Happy Mail die set. I used LF Perfectly Plaid patterned paper for the mailbox. I blended a Hero Arts Silver die ink on the inside of the mailbox. For the stand of mailbox, I blended Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage photo on white cardstock. I stamped the LF Woodgrain Backdrop using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I embossed this with clear powder. I die cut the stand. I blended more ink on the side to cover the white core of the paper. The letter is from the LF Love Letters stamp set. I stamped this on patterned paper, fuzzy cut it and added Nuvo Pearl Drops to the heart.

The cat image is from LF Spooktacular stamp set. I mirror image stamped the other two cats. Mirror stamping can be a challenge. After so many trials and errors, I finally found my recipe to successful  mirror stamping. It is no different from the other tutorials. The only thing that I think worked for me is that I stamped the image on the mirror stamp three times. This created a crisp mirror image impression so I did not need to run a marker on the lines of the image. Which by the way, I am not good at.

I colored the images using Copic markers. I die cut the cat using the matching die. With the mirror image, you have to cut the image from the back. I used a light tracer to match the die to the image. I added dots to the eyes of the cat using Sakura Glaze pen.


For the ground, I die cut a green cardstock using LF Stitched Hillside Borders die. I stamped a grass border from LF Chirpy Chirp Chirp stamp set using different hues of green dye ink to add depth to the grassy hill.

After the scene panel has been assembled, I adhered this to a top folding kraft cardstock.

I hope you get some inspiration on mix and matching your stamp sets to create a card. You can say by now how much I love Lawn Fawn based on the number of products I used on this card.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Let me greet my Inang again, a Happy, Happy Birthday! I hope you have more blessed and brilliant years to come. Hope you like your cat card. Do you recognize your cats?

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this card at




5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, so much love went into making this special card! I love the cloud background with the dry embossed detail and those mirror stamped cats are perfect! I love this charming card design, thanks for inspiring me! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinking cute Maria! Love all of those adorable little kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the kitties at the mailbox! They are always so curious ~ I can just picture them climbing inside the mailbox! Adorable card. Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. I love the cute kitties playing on the mailbox. Thank you for joining the DL.ART September Linky Challenge

    ReplyDelete