Sunday, July 30, 2017

Scrapbook Page for Altenew Sketch Challenge


I have not scrapbooked for a long time. I think I have created more cards than scrapbooking layouts. I sure miss scrapbooking for I think this tells one’s story, something to cherish. I am so glad that Altenew has its own Scrapbooking blog, with a challenge, too! This will definitely motivate me to scrapbook some more.

I stamped the flowers and leaves from the Altenew Hennah Elements stamp set on Strathmore watercolor paper. I used several mediums to color the images. I would like to achieve varied shades of pink and yellow which I think I will achieve if I use different mediums. I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide, Tim Holtz Distress ink pads, Tim Holtz Distress crayons, and Zig Color Clean marker. I was having so much fun experimenting that on the leaves, I mixed TH Distress Oxide Peeled Paint and TH Distress ink Mowed Lawn to color the leaf image. I dried the colors with a heat tool then sprayed Pearl Perfect Pearl diluted in water over it.

I fuzzy cut the images and lined the edges with a black marker to hide the white core of the watercolor paper. I have 14 flowers total as the same number of circles in the layout sketch. To add more variation to the flowers, I fuzzy cut the flowers even more to make it smaller. I didn’t want to waste the cut off flower petals so I glued this to the back of the medium-sized flower.



I die cut the photos using a Mama Elephant stitched rectangular frame die. The border is from the same Altenew stamp set. I stamped this on green cardstock using Versamark ink. I heat embossed this using Ranger Antiquities Verdigris embossing powder. This stamp came very handy for my layout. I cut the embossed strip in half using the lines on the design as a guide. In this way, I came up with two strips to adhere to the top and bottom edges of the photos.



I am using an Ellen Hutson Wood grain cardstock for my layout. I sprayed and splattered this white cardstock with Perfect Pearl Sour Apple diluted for more shimmer. I also splattered some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Peeled Paint on some areas.

Do you remember when brads are such a craze? I still have my own stash of brads. I don’t have a yellow and pink brad for the flowers so I colored these brads with Copic markers. I poked the holes and attached the big flowers using the brads. I used Glue Dots to adhere the rest of the flowers.



The sentiment is from Altenew Super Script stamp set. I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I heat embossed this using black embossing powder. I fuzzy cut the sentiment leaving a small white border around the letters. I stamped the small sentiments on vellum strips using the same ink & heat embossing it as well with clear embossing powder.

I really had fun with this project. I am looking forward to creating more. Now I have something to add to our family album showcasing our last year’s summer vacation.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at


1 comment: