Monday, February 6, 2017

Black Blended Background Card


I got inspired by Kelly Latevola's card technique featured in the Simon Says Stamp Blog (http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/kelly-make-4th-series/). I want to give it a try and this is my own version of her card using that technique.

Using a Strathmore Bristol paper, I blended Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple & Barn Door. I blended the colors until I got the right ombre effect I was aiming for. I allowed this to dry but had to use a heat gun to speed dry it.

I am using heart stamps from different stamp sets, Studio Calico and Hero Arts.  I arranged these heart stamps on an acrylic block. I prepared the blended Bristol paper with an anti-static tool before I repeatedly stamped the hearts using Versamark ink. I embossed this using clear Hero Arts embossing powder.

This is when it starts to become messy. I smudged the Black Soot TH Distress Ink onto this panel. Just like Kelly, I had to use the blending tool to apply the black color to areas where the ink was hard to apply to.  I didn't get the same vibrant black as Kelly's. I think I need to re-ink my Black Soot TH Distress ink. I wiped the ink off the embossed hearts to make the colors pop out.

For the image, I am using Heart of Roses from Lemon Shortbread, one of our sponsors in today's Love challenge at Incy Wincy Designs. I uploaded the image to the Cricut Craft Room. I edited the image by cutting off the space between the girl and the heart. I colored the image with Copic Markers except for the flowers which I colored with Prisma color pencils. Using a glue gun, I adhered the ribbon on the heart, creating pleats here and there.

To frame the image, I die cut a parchment paper using Pretty Pink Posh Scallop Frames die. I adhered this to the black panel. I then adhered the girl image using foam adhesive. For the sentiment, I used Altenew Label Love. This time, I stamped the sentiment onto a black cardstock, using Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment ink. I embossed this using white HA powder. I outlined the message using a fine black tip marker to make it pop out, then adhered it to the card.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.



I am sharing your creation with




2 comments:

  1. Great card Maria! Love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and welcome to are Challenge this month.Thank you for sharing your project with us good luck with your entry hope to see you again soon hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete