I finally get to play with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks. I used it to stamp the images, and its properties are really amazing! The image remained wet long enough that I was able to apply embossing powder to the image and heat set it. I created masks for the images so I can stamp the flower on top of the other keeping in mind that the masked image is the one that will be in front. The images are from Altenew Hannah Elements stamp set.
I colored the images with Prismacolor pencils. I am not an expert with color pencils but I would like to learn how to work with this medium. I wanted to go for a textured look so I used the flicking motion in coloring the petals of the flowers. I am more familiar with the flicking motion using Copic markers. I think they also work with color pencils, what do you think? For the center of large flowers, I die cut a circle on blue felt. I adhered blue Doodlebug Sequins on top of the felt. After which, I applied a dot of glue on the center of the sequins, and poured clear Martha Stewart seed beed. I set this aside to dry, then brushed off the excess seed beed.
This panel was 4 1/4"x 5 1/2" until I trimmed it off and created a banner-like panel as the main focus of the card. I die cut the bottom edge of this panel using Simon Says Stamp Wavy Scallop Stitches wafter die. I was able to center the die on the banner to create a single curved scallop.
For the colored panel, I am using a navy blue cardstock cut at 4"x 5 1/4". I embossed this using a Li'l Inker Quilted Stitched Pattern die. I adhered this to a top folding white A2 notecard. I adhered the stitched blue panel onto this. I adhered the flowered banner on this using dimensional tape and slightly offset to the right side.
The sentiment is from Altenew Super Script stamp set. I heat embossed the message on a navy blue strip of cardstock. I applied clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen to the sentiment strip.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!
Maria Giselle B.
I am sharing this creation with