Monday, November 21, 2016

Foiled Digital Image


It is a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs. The challenge is to use a non-traditional image to create a Christmas Creation. I chose a cupcake for this challenge. I printed the image as a contact sheet, filling the sheet with the image. I printed it on Neenah 65 lb. cardstock using a laser printer. I cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panel form this, making sure the images are centered. I foiled the image using the Minc Machine and a gold Deco Foil sheet.


I colored the image to create a Christmas tree cupcake with a poinsettia flower at the top. I used color pencils which is a challenge for me. I noticed with color pencils that having a sharp tip does not necessarily mean good coloring. In fact, it created harsh lines while I color. I also think that the weight you put on coloring is another factor with color pencils. I am using Staedtler Ergosoft Color Pencils which has a waxed core. I think this feature of this colored pencil is another factor in the ability to add details to the image. I used a blending pen to mute down the harsh lines I created while coloring. I am not sure if it worked or not. When I googled reviews for this brand, it scored poor in blending. 

Coloring the images with color pencil is a lot of work, by the way. I cant' imagine how I can color a whole sheet of coloring page. Anyway, I added score lines in between the images using Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders. Since the panel still looked plain. I blended a yellow dye ink using a sponge dauber, making sure I avoid the cupcakes.

I created a window with the use of a craft knife and using the score lines as guide. I lined up a brown cardstock behind the windowed panel. Using the Misti Stamping tool, I positioned the sentiment stamp inside the window. I picked up the stamp and removed the windowed panel. I applied anti-static powder to the dark brown cardstock, then stamped the sentiment using Versamark ink. I embossed the sentiment using a Wow! Metallic Gold Rich embossing powder. The sentiment is from Li'l Inker Designs Greetings and Salutations stamp set. I trimmed off the top and bottom edges of the windowed panel to reveal a little bit of the brown cardstock. I adhered the windowed panel on top of the sentiment panel.


I added details to the cupcakes by adding dots of white Ranger Enamel Accents. At first, I was applying the dots directly to the image but some of the dots are too big for the small image. To have control over this, I squeezed some onto a scrap paper. I picked up the Enamel Accents using a stick pin.


For the flower, I squeezed red Stickles onto a scrap paper. This time, I used a brush to apply the Stickles to the petals. I had a hard time applying the Stickles. I am not sure if it is from the waxed coating of the color pencil that prevents the glue to adhere to the surface. For the last detail, I applied a dot of gold Nuvo to the center of the flower.

Thanks for viewing my blog. I hope you join us in today's bi-weekly challenge. Have a blessed and brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

No comments:

Post a Comment