Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Flowers For You

I always miss the deadline of the Lawnscaping Challenges so I made it a point to be able to join this time. It was a challenge for me in a sense that most of my flower stamps are not Lawn Fawn. But creativity also means working with what you have.

I initially die cut a watercolor paper using LF Stitched Square Stackables. I used the 3" sized square. I watercolor wash this using Akashiya Sai Watercolor markers. I stamped the bear from LF Party Animal on watercolor paper using Ranger Archival Ink. I also watercolored the bear using the same markers. I fuzzy cut the bear and ran a black marker at the edges for a finished look. I stamped the flowers from LF Chirpy Chirp Chirp on watercolor paper, watercolored it and die cut it using the matching die. I stamped the grass from the same stamp set on vellum. I embossed this using a clear powder and trim it into a strip.

To assemble the card, I positioned the grass vellum on the bottom of the panel, folded the excess towards the back, then adhered it with tape. I tucked the bear underneath the grass vellum then adhered it. Next, I adhered the flowers with some being held by the bear, and the other flowers still on the grass, sort of like the bear picked up some of these flowers. For the sentiment, I used LF Milo's ABC.

Using the 4" square rom the LF Stitched Square Stackables, I die cut a patterned paper from the LF Perfectly Plaid Petite Paper Pack to matte the scene panel. I adhered this to a square note card of the same size.

Most of the time, I leave the inside of the card blank but for this card, I did not. To complete the sentiment on the front, I stamped 'For You' on the inside. This sentiment is from LF Lucky Stars. I have to do a little bit of clear stamp surgery to come up with these two words. This card can be used for any occasion but since Mother's Day is close by, I stamped 'Happy Mother's Day' as a second sentiment. This stamp is from the LF Mom + Me stamp set. I stamped this to mimic a label. I learned this technique from Kristina Werner. I wanted to link her tutorial here but I couldn't find the card she created using this technique. Anyway, to create this, just stamp the sentiment using Versamark ink. Emboss it with white powder. Apply a masking tape around the sentiment. Ink the space with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress ink. Remove the tape. Buff the sentiment to remove the ink from the embossed sentiment.

The card is pretty much done until I decided to add more accents. I added Glaze to the flower petals. I added shimmer to the center of the flowers. I still went on and decided to add black Glaze to the bear's eyes. Then, I messed up with one of the eyes. You should see the cringe in my eyes. Have you had a moment like this before? I tried to save it by scraping the mess using a craft knife, buffing it with an eraser, watercoloring it again, and apply the black glaze. Well, it won't work. Somehow, it keeps bleeding onto the area that got scraped off even if it was buffed. I was decided to pull off the bear and replace the bear with a new one. But I really like how the bear turned out, except for the messed up eye, of course. So, instead of ripping this card apart, I fixed the mess with some googly eyes. It's not bad after all since the bear, now with the googly eyes, seem to be looking at the flowers.

Thanks for viewing my blog. Have a brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this creation to:


  1. Oh Maria, this card is just precious!

  2. Gorgeous card Maria, the bear is adorable and I love that he picked the flowers, so cute! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Lols x x x

  3. Adorable bear with the googlie eyes. Cute card. Thanks for joining in the Let's Polka Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)
    Gayatri xx

  4. So cute, Maria! Love the sweet image and lovely colors. I am so glad you joined us in our April Showers challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Hope you are enjoying spring! Maura