Friday, February 26, 2016

Easter Egg Shaped Card


I love creating cards that I can mass produce and have my kids hand to their friends, teachers, or to my friends and co-workers.

My most recent purchase is the Paper Smooches Easter Egg Dies. I have no immediate project for it not until I saw Paper Smooches Blog Challenge for this month. I can't help but think of a project that is timely and that ties with this month's challenge.

You know how you see those kraft colored eggs in the store? That inspired me to come up with this card. I die cut a kraft colored card stock using the egg die. I die cut the egg twice. I inked the edge of the egg with a Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Paper. I embossed the top and bottom portions of the egg. You can emboss the whole egg since I was going to cover up the flat portion anyway. I used the Li'l Inker Design Quill Swirl Stitched Pattern die to emboss the egg.


I cut a strip of a pearl blue card stock. I cut this at 1/2". I adhered this to the center of the egg where there is no embossing. I die cut the ribbon using the same card stock. I curled the bow part using a  stylus just to train the card stock and prevent it from cracking. I tried using a liquid adhesive to adhere the parts of the bow but despite using a tweezer to press the pieces together while the glue is drying, it won't stay adhered. So, I turned to the Mini Glue Dots to do the job.


I scored another kraft egg die cut, around where the strip ends at the top. I made tick marks to ensure alignment. Fold the card stock at scored line. Stamp a sentiment on the top flap, making sure it will be upright when this flap is unfolded. I used sentiments from Paper Smooches Chit Chat and Recipe For Success stamp sets. I also used the smiley face from Paper Smooches Spectrum stamp set. Apply adhesive to the bottom part of the egg. Line up the eggs, then press to adhere.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this creation to:



No comments:

Post a Comment