Sunday, February 14, 2016

Customizing A Card Stock Die Cut


I can say this is the 3rd in a series of posts in my blog featuring the Hero Arts Floral Stamp & Cut by Lia. While I was working on the cards from my previous post (Using Negative Die Cuts to Create New Cards,) I made a mistake when I adhered a red card stock on top of the Scor-Pal double adhesive tape pad instead of the sticky back side. Because of this, I created a die cut with an adhesive on the back ready to stick. There is nothing bad to this except that it wasn't going to work with that project.


Instead of adding this die cut to my stash of die cuts, I challenged myself to create a card featuring this heart die cut. It was cut using a plain red card stock so the choice is whether to cut more of it in different colors and fuzzy cut the elements to create a colorful detail on the inner heart, or just to make it easy, just go ahead and color it in. 


I used a white Wink of Stella brush marker to color in the flowers and the twigs. I colored in the twigs and leaves with a green Spica glitter marker. And for the flowers, I drew petals by following the contour of the cut. I applied dots of Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Pastel Rose to the center of the flowers. 

For the background, I used a scrap patterned paper. I added detail to this using Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders, positioning the different dies on the spaces in between the words. I  cut this at 1 3/4" x 3.5" and adhered it to the left side of the square note card which measures 3.5" x 3.5". The right side of the panel is the negative die cut card stock which I also used on the previous post. 

The die cut heart is adhered to this panel. For the sentiment, I used a Doodlebug washi tape which I cut slim to be able to mat with a black card stock. I added detail to the sentiment by doodling a heart inside the o-heart on the word love with the use of a Uni-Ball Signo pen. I also added random dots of Viva Decor Pearl Pen to the card stock negative cut side.


Thanks for viewing my blog. 

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this creation to:


1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous heart die and I LOVE the fact that you made this your focal of your beautiful card! The love banner is so pretty too! really stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete