Saturday, August 15, 2015

Smooshed Birthday Card

I watched this technique from Laura Bassen (https://laurafadora.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/mama-elephant-ella-friends-2/) & Kristina Werner (http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/?p=12512), so I thought of giving it a try. Took me two tries to finally like the result. With the first try, I did Laura's technique of directly applying the ink on the acetate, spraying it with water then smooshing it to the watercolor paper. I didn't like how the colors blended. So on my second try, I used Kristina's technique of applying the ink on a laminated paper, spritz this with water, then pick up the ink with the acetate to smoosh this on the watercolor paper. With this technique, I just used the edge of the acetate to pick the color to smoosh on my project.

Before I did the smooshing, I heat embossed my sentiment on the watercolor card. This will resist the watercolor that I will do with the smooshing. The sentiment stamp, Mama Elephant Make A Wish stamp set, being a large one, had its challenges, too. I am using Fiskar Stamp Press but my impression is not the greatest. How I wish I have a Misti Tool for accurate re-stamping. I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Broken China, Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey) for the smooshed background.

After I dried this with a heat tool, I cut a scallop border at the edge using ME Borderline Trios Creative Cuts. I stamped a border on the black notecard using Versamark. The stamp set I used for this is the ME Boutique Borders. I applied Judikins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder to this and heat embossed it. I adhered the watercolored panel to the notecard with foam tape. I die cut a white glittered cardstock from DCWV using the ME Confetti die to add die cut sequins embellishment. I also used a black Glaze pen to add shadow to the sentiment to pop it out some more. 



Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this creation to the following challenge:


No comments:

Post a Comment