WPlus9 is having a challenge.
I visit their blog and love their design team's coloring techniques. This is my first time to join a challenge in their blog using my one and only WPlus9 stamp set.
I stamped the peony repeatedly to create a border. I created a mask for the peony using a Post-It note. I stamped this on watercolor paper using Versamark ink. I used gold embossing powder. I colored the flowers using Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pens which is a 'pasalubong' of my sister who is visiting us from the Philippines. She recently went to Japan and I asked her to look for these pens for me. The colors of these pens are so vibrant that you just need a little. I colored the parts of the flower where I think is the darkest. I used a watercolor brush (and I think that was the trick to using these markers) to work the vibrant color to the rest of the flower. For the flower's center, I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Wild Honey. I rubbed the pad on an acrylic block and picked up the color to paint on the center. Using the same pad, I stamped the center using the coordinating stamp in the set.
I did the same technique for the background, using the markers to apply color near the flowers, then using a watercolor brush to spread this out to the rest of the card. I fuzzy cut one edge of the panels to create the border. I stamped the sentiment using Gold embossing powder. I used an embossed vellum by Doodlebug to create the split between the flower borders.
The flower panels were adhered to the notecard using foam adhesive.
Thanks for viewing my blog.
Maria Giselle B.