For the background, using a watercolor paper, I stamped the paint strip to create a striped background. This was die cut using the curvy metal die. I stamped the cardbase with the same paint strip. I was planning on a tone on tone effect but despite cleaning the stamp, the blue ink stayed on creating gray instead of yellow. I had to clean up the ink pad right away by dabbing a rag on the contaminated spot.
For this card, I want to extend the use of the die by creating a flower. After die cutting several pieces of watercolor paper which will serve as the petals, I watered each piece, then applied watercolor, allowing the water to move the color. I dabbed off the excess color since I want to create shading with the darkest part at the tip of petal. I heat dry the petal. If I am not happy with the blending, I just water it down, dab and/or add more paint.
I stamped the sentiment on a watercolor paper. I masked the word birthday because I want to create a mother's day card which is next month. Got to be ready! Plus, I have so many birthday cards stashed in my Creative Cuts box. I stamped this with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen so I can watercolor this, too. I used a Wink of Luna Copper to highlight the sentiment. I brushed it on areas I want dark on the sentiment then used a water brush to blend it in. I used a circle die to cut this out.
I wrote the 'Mother's Day' using the same brush pen since I don't have an Avery Elle sentiment with this message. I practiced on scratch paper before I wrote on the actual piece. I watercolored the edges using the same technique I used with the petals. I spritz this with a Prima Color Bloom in white. I can't really see much effect except on the 'Happy' sentiment. It lightened it but kept the rest of the sentiment crisp. I die cut a slightly larger circle using vellum. I adhered the circled sentiment on the vellum.
The petals are tricky to arrange. It took a couple of rearranging before I got happy with how it looks. After the petals were adhered to the back of the circle, I used a transparent 3D tape to one end of the petal to slightly raise it. The flower was adhered to the panel using foam adhesive. The panel is adhered to the cardbase.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Maria Giselle B.
Stamp: Avery Elle Brushed Clear
Die: Avery Elle Custom Panel
Ink: Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen, Broken China, Wink of Luna Copper, Hero Arts Shadow Ink Soft Yellow
I am submitting this creation to the following challenge: