Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Masked Embossed Watercolor Card

I am attracted to gold and pink these days especially after My Mind's Eye's new collection, Fancy That. When I saw Altenew's February challenge, I can't help but think of MME's collection, and how much I will enjoy participating in this challenge. 



I embossed the flowers with gold powder. After stamping and embossing the large flower, I created a mask using Post-It so I could stamp the smaller flowers beside it and make the big flower in front of these small flowers. I colored these flowers using Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I enjoyed coloring it. I don't have a cream colored Tim Holtz Distress Ink so I switch to using the Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor. It didn't come with a cream color as well, so I just mixed up some yellow and white. I painted this on the background. I tried to create an ombre effect making the bottom more vibrant than the top. 


The sentiment was stamped several times using Versafine Onyx Black ink. After stamping the dots in between the repeated sentiment, I heat embossed this using clear powder. I used the three dots stamp to embellish the top portion of the card.  I stamped this using Versamark. I applied Perfect Pearl to these dots for a glimmer effect. 

My light pink cardstock is light weight so I created my own pink border strip by rubbing the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Spun Sugar onto a strip of white cardstock. I allowed this to dry before I adhered it to the card base. The watercolor paper was attached to the card base using dimensional tape.

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Inks used: Tim Holtz Distress (Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick, Pickled Raspberry)

I am submitting this to the following challenge:




1 comment: