Thursday, January 22, 2015

Water Colored, Paper Pierced Greeting Card

I only have one Avery Elle stamp set and it is not the most ideal to fuzzy cut. But it is this month's challenge, so I challenged myself to use what I have. I am inspired by the colors of the patterned paper in the new collection of My Mind's Eye Fancy That, which is gold and pink. With that in mind, I tried to create a card using these colors.

I really wanted to come up with a watercolored card. I used the brush strokes to mimic candles and the splats as the light of the candle. Without the detailing, my son said the candles looked like a letter i. To me, this wasn't too encouraging since I am almost done with the card. I had the urge to pitch the design but after looking through other cards with candles, I figured out what was missing to make it look like a candle and not waste the whole design. I added stripes to the already clear embossed candles using a Copic marker. I also drew a gold line between the candle and the light using a gold gel pen. I colored the light with a very light yellow Copic marker. Now, my son is convinced that these are candles.

I fuzzy cut the sentiment after heat embossing it in gold. I wanted to create a single lined sentiment for this card. Fuzzy cutting reminds me of my school days where I enjoyed fuzzy cutting pictures for school projects.




Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamp used: Avery Elle Brushed 

I submitted this creation to the following blog:



No comments:

Post a Comment