Thursday, January 1, 2015

Christmas 2014 Layout

I like joining My Mind's Eye Challenges because I get to scrap photos vs. card making. I love to create cards, too. Between the two, I feel scrapbooking is more of a challenge to me because I have to move around the elements of the layout before I adhere it. I also have to consider the photo that I want to put in the layout. Over the years, I've learned that not all photos can be in the layout so I have to select the photo that inspires me the most.

It has been a tradition to have a Christmas photo either of our family or the boys. So for the challenge, I would like to create a layout on this.


I use an old Christmas collection of MME which is the Mistletoe Magic. This is a collection I won from an online scrapbooking store, Two Peas In A Bucket. Sad to say, Two Peas is now out of business. I also used the MME Collectable Unforgettable Today stamp set. After choosing the background paper, I started building my layout elements. I stamped the flowers with Versamark and selectively poured embossing powders to the area I want to be gold and red. MME washi tape was also helpful in recreating the strips at the bottom of the layout. I used MME All Is Bright washi tapes. My last project had tissue paper pleating. For this project, I pleated washi tape. This is not the first time I made this. My very first entry to this blog has washi tape pleating on the layout (http://ienjoywhatido.blogspot.com/2012/11/is-2-page-lay-out-on-my-journey-to.html). I sprayed the photo with gold spritz, controlling the spray to create bigger drops towards the photo. The subtitle is a chipboard sticker from  the MME Mistletoe Magic collection. I applied Wink of Stella then Glossy Accents. After it has dried, I applied Stickles to the holes. I also applied Stickles to the tag for accent.


Thanks for viewing my blog.


Maria Giselle B.
 <a data-pin-do="embedUser" href="http://www.pinterest.com/gmbatan/">Visit Giselle B.'s profile on Pinterest.</a>
<!-- Please call pinit.js only once per page -->
<script type="text/javascript" async defer src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>

No comments:

Post a Comment