Sunday, December 28, 2014

Paper Pleating, Outline Inking Shaker Card

Shaker cards are in a rage these days. This is one of my inspirations in creating this card. I also wanted to stamp the penguins in different color, and not only black. But it is not realistic if I stamped the whole image in blue and pink. So what I did is stamp the penguins using colored pigment ink. After cleaning the stamp, I carefully inked the edges of the image, wiping off any ink that I don't want to be inked in black. I used a stamp positioner to make sure that the image matches when I re-stamp. 

I wanted the penguins to have a heart in between them. I wasn't sure at that time if I will make a string of hearts within the big heart or a shaker card. But I chose the latter after I adhered die cut tissue paper, pleating it accordingly to follow the shape of the heart. I used the Mama Elephant Borderline Trio Creative Cuts to cut scalloped tissue paper. 


The sentiment is a partial sentiment stamp from ME Just Hatched. I masked the 'you' and stamped the 'Love' on vellum using Versamark ink. I heat embossed this in Ranger Seafoam White. This will be the shaker portion of the card. I used dimensional tape to create a wall at the back of the heart. Before pouring the confetti, I brushed the vellum and sides of the dimensional tape. I used ME Confetti Creative Cuts to create the hearts for the shaker. I also added flat shaped sequins. I covered this with vellum to secure the shaker while I plan the rest of the card. 

For the background, I die cut two patterned papers with ME Peek-A-Frame Creative Cuts. I inlaid the center to the border. Before attaching the pleated heart, I attached the negative space of the heart to the background paper. I colored this first with Copics to mimic the color of the border. I adhered the penguins with foam adhesive. I also cut two hearts and a flat sequin using the ME Confetti to create the girl penguin's ribbon.



Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE your sweetheart shaker card! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete