Thursday, October 30, 2014

Water Colored Hello Kitty Christmas Card

One of my favorites is Hello Kitty, and it is her 40th birthday this year! As tribute to her, I made this card with her as the focal point. I cut a water color paper using the Cricut Hello Kitty Greetings Cartridge. I chose the base cut so I can be guided by the tick marks. These marks are intended as a guide to adhere the layers but I am using it as an outline for coloring. I used the picture of the finished layered die cut as a guide in coloring.


Isn't she cute? Now, I have to create the rest of the card. I went through several patterned papers but settled in making my own patterned paper after seeing Fancy Pants Timbergrove Strips patterned paper. I used the B side of the Fancy Pants Bits-n-Pieces patterned paper and stamped it using Mama Elephant Boutique Borders. I love the outcome of the plaid. I die cut this paper using Mama Elephant Peak a Frame Creative Cuts. I also created the base layer by cutting Kraft cardstock with this metal die. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with gold. I created the star embellishments using Mama Elephant Confetti Creative Cuts. I die cut this in white paper, then temporarily adhered it to a scrap cardstock. I applied Versamark ink to these, poured gold embossing powder and heat embossed it. I applied another coat of gold embossing powder while this is hot, then heat embossed it again. Hello Kitty was adhered to the plaid paper using foam adhesive. The plaid paper was adhered to the stitched base layer with the excess on the top scored and folded to the back.



I adhered this base layer on another kraft cardstock to complete the card.

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Cartridge: Cricut Hello Kitty Greetings Cartridge
Paper: Water color, Fancy Pants Timbergrove,  Kraft cardstock
Paint: Kuretake Gansai Tambi
Stamp: Fiskar Holiday Hooplah, Mama Elephant Boutique Borders
Die: Mama Elephant Confetti Creative Cuts, Mama Elephant Peek a Frame Creative Cuts
Ink: Close To My Heart Cocoa Dye Ink, Color Box Frost White Pigment Ink, My Favorite Things Kraft Hybrid Ink, Versamark
Powder: American Crafts Zing! Gold Metallic Finish Embossing Powder

I am submitting this to the following challenge:

Photo Inspiration
     


2 comments:

  1. The kitty is super adorable! Love the way you colored it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Love the Hello Kitty!

    ReplyDelete