Monday, September 15, 2014

Fuzzy Cut Thank You Card

Fuzzy cutting is a tedious job especially when you have to cut small pieces. Cutting the birds was a challenge. The good thing in making this project is that I get to use my scrap paper. 

If I had planned better for this card, I would have scored it before attaching my elements. But the fold was a last minute addition to my card lay-out. I didn't intend it to be this way but I want the letters to be sticking out.


And this is what I meant by that. I made an easel card just using the base note card.


You will see the sentiment inside the card once you open it and keep the easel up.


Back to the birds, I stamped the image on both white cardstock and three different colored patterned papers. I fuzzy cut each piece and glue it right away. Thanks to the help of my Cutter Bee microfine tip scissor and Quickstik. I used Ranger Multi Medium Matte to adhere the pieces. I applied Ranger Enamel Accents to the nose of the bird. I colored the white areas with Gray Copic Marker to make it more realistic and also added a Pink blush on their cheeks. I applied Wink of Stella to the colored areas. And as a finishing touch, I applied Glossy accents to the feathers on the top of the bird's head. Whew! I didn't do this in one sitting. I cut a piece every now and then until I have all the fuzzy cutting done.

The grass was stamped using green ink on different shades of green cardstocks and green patterned papers.

Here are close-up photos of the birds.




Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamp used: Mama Elephant Confetti, Inline Letters, Just Hatched

I am submitting this card to the challenge below:



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful fun scene, love how you have popped up the sentiment! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete