Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Pocketful of Love Weave Card

After seeing the photo inspiration for the challenge, the only thing that entered my mind is to try and create a card using colors in the photo and weave it, just like in elementary days. It is also a way of using my paper stash. That was my first task, look through my stash and organize the paper by color that I will be using. I don't have anything in particular how I will be using this weaved paper when I was starting to weave. I might use it as a background or die-cut it. I decided to die-cut it and this is what I came up with...



I stamped the pocket using the Paper Smooches Denim & Daisies stamp before I fuzzy cut it. The die doesn't perfectly match the stamp that's why my first attempt on this is a fail. (Imagine having to go through all that weaving again!) I heat embossed the impression using gold powder. I partial die cut the pocket using Paper Smooches Pocket die to create a flap and eyeballed the rest to create the back of the weaved pocket. I used dimensional tape to adhere these together. Initially, I was going to put wood hearts inside the pocket, which can be an option, but I decided to glue the flap shut and adhered a wooden heart to it. I embellished the heart using Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents.


The sentiment was overlapped. I die-cut the heart strip using Paper Smooches Hearts die to fill the space under the sentiment. The outline was cut using Simon Say Stamp Frames Cut Die. I used a glitter pen to add sparkle to the border although it cannot be seen in the photo.

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

This creation is submitted to the following challenges:








6 comments:

  1. What a great homespun feel you've created - while keeping a touch of CAS! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Maria your weaved paper is adorable all the color from the shoe is there and I love the shape of your little pocket on your card, sweet sentiment too...sweet beautifully done and great interpretation, wish you luck with the challenges.....I see your card is near my card at the challenge blog runway inspiration thats why I visiting you...my card is # 17 if you see the challenge gallery...would be happy if you could visiting me back and leave me some love...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome weaving technique Maria! Such a unique take on the Runway Inspired Challenge - so glad you could play along ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Maria! super cute card, luv the sweet pocket! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card! The woven pocket is too cute!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little pocket is so sweet, and I love the weaving! Thank you so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete