Friday, December 6, 2013

Boys' Bookmarks

I love Lawn Fawn products!  That's why I was very excited to create something for their Lawn Fawn CHA 2014 Catalog Challenge.  My head was racing with ideas based on the three stamp sets and one craft die I own.

I made personalized bookmarks for my three boys who are in Seventh, Third and Second Grades.  I have a toddler, too, but I'll make him his own bookmark once he reaches school age.


I used the stamp set Check This Out and the craft die Cole's ABC.  I die cut the letters on black card stock, which is the bookmark base.  I cut the letters in different colored card stocks and nestled these letters on the black card stock (sort of putting a puzzle together.) I painted the letters with clear Wink of Stella and applied Glossy Accents to the letters, as well.  The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed using white embossing powder.


The dimensions of the bookmark are 7 x 1.5 inches.
I made the tassels based on a video tutorial by Tiffany on the Lawn Fawn blog website http://lawnfawn.blogspot.com/2013/05/lawn-clippings-video-52413-grad-cards.html
I used color coordinated twine and modified the length of the twine since I wanted a longer tassel.
These are the names of my three school boys in reverse order.


Thanks for visiting my blog.
Maria Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment